I am a big big fan of Moriah Sunde over at MoriahMakes...I started following her when I was pregnant with Desmond and have since been inspired by her love for God as well as her realness as a mom and wife. I encourage you to check out her blog sometime...this isn't a plug, I just genuinely think she seems like a great person :) Anywho, I recently came across her 'currently' post and thought it was a fun idea...so since I haven't posted in a while here's kind of an update.
Watching: 19 Kids & Counting...I love this show, the Duggers are great people who I think we all could learn a lot from. Im always in aw of Michelle's patience with her kids. Totally an inspiration to me. Though the 19 kids thing is amazing (I truly think so), Im not sure I am cut out for it! Tony's in front of me working on a lesson plan for tomorrow. This is a pretty typical night for us after Desmond goes to bed. I like this down time, if the tv is on during the day it's usually 'Fireman Sam' so Im happy to have my own tv time haha. Pretty soon we'll head to bed and watch our nightly episode of Battlestar Galactica which we've recently become totally addicted to. Totally nerdy and not afraid to admit it!
Planning: Not a whole lot. I've got some long term planning on my mind though...like a home on a farm with a big garden, chickens, ducks and bunnies.. Tromping through the acres with a few little ones by my side...my heart longs for it and someday... it will happen. We talked today about this hopefully (maybe) happening by the time I am 30..I'll be 25 in the Summer..Tony completes his masters in teaching in June. Hopefully a career in teaching soon after (please Lord!?!) ...so who knows. I can day dream right?
Thinking About: oh so much..potty training Desmond full force - like trying that whole 'potty train in 3 days' thing. Getting into zumba again, cutting my hair, Summertime (hiking, fishing, camping), a possible work opportunity, getting involved in the pro life movement, finding a bible study for Tony and I....lots on my mind these days but this is nothing new!
Looking Forward to: the weekend, nice Spring weather which we have had a hint of these last couple weeks. This being Tony's last term before officially being certified. College DONE. Summertime! Honestly...the future, the next baby is calling out to me. That sounds weird. lol. but really. Patience is a virtue right? :) really though, pray for me...haha.
Watching: 19 Kids & Counting...I love this show, the Duggers are great people who I think we all could learn a lot from. Im always in aw of Michelle's patience with her kids. Totally an inspiration to me. Though the 19 kids thing is amazing (I truly think so), Im not sure I am cut out for it! Tony's in front of me working on a lesson plan for tomorrow. This is a pretty typical night for us after Desmond goes to bed. I like this down time, if the tv is on during the day it's usually 'Fireman Sam' so Im happy to have my own tv time haha. Pretty soon we'll head to bed and watch our nightly episode of Battlestar Galactica which we've recently become totally addicted to. Totally nerdy and not afraid to admit it!
Planning: Not a whole lot. I've got some long term planning on my mind though...like a home on a farm with a big garden, chickens, ducks and bunnies.. Tromping through the acres with a few little ones by my side...my heart longs for it and someday... it will happen. We talked today about this hopefully (maybe) happening by the time I am 30..I'll be 25 in the Summer..Tony completes his masters in teaching in June. Hopefully a career in teaching soon after (please Lord!?!) ...so who knows. I can day dream right?
Thinking About: oh so much..potty training Desmond full force - like trying that whole 'potty train in 3 days' thing. Getting into zumba again, cutting my hair, Summertime (hiking, fishing, camping), a possible work opportunity, getting involved in the pro life movement, finding a bible study for Tony and I....lots on my mind these days but this is nothing new!
Looking Forward to: the weekend, nice Spring weather which we have had a hint of these last couple weeks. This being Tony's last term before officially being certified. College DONE. Summertime! Honestly...the future, the next baby is calling out to me. That sounds weird. lol. but really. Patience is a virtue right? :) really though, pray for me...haha.
Reading: My goal is to read through the bible in a year. I started on Good Friday and am reading a blend of the OT and the NT through an app on my ipad. My prayer more recently is to know God better, deeper, to live as a disciple for Him. I felt first a real call to read through the bible. I've looked at it too much as a 'self help book' skimping through looking for what I 'need'...Im reading it now with an open heart, not selfishly but to know the history of the gospel and the story of Salvation on a deeper level. Even though I'm not reading it for this reason I can definitely say that it is filling a void and a hunger in my heart.
Making Me Happy: Recently? My niece Maryalice was born last Wednesday and Ive been blessed to get to cuddle her just about every day of her little life so far! She is tiny (just 5 lbs 14 oz) and SO beautiful! This is my sister's 4th child and everything has gone so wonderfully, I am so happy for her and my brother in law!...Maryalice is my 5th niece making me an auntie for the TENTH time! I am SOOOOO blessed. Each and every one of my nieces and nephews are such gifts. Other than that, this weather! It's been 60-70 degrees and sunny for the most part. Tony, Des and I went on a little stroll tonight and it was just lovely. We hope to make this a nightly thing considering Tony's new schedule which puts him home from teaching by 4:30 four out of 5 days a week..this is SO nice. The best schedule he has ever had. And really, we deserve it. This is the long haul now and these last 6 years have been crazy with school, work, endless homework/studying and raising a child (hence why there is just ONE child as of now). Truly a breath of fresh air. There's always work for him to do with the masters program but at least we get to see him more. I love it. My son makes me happy every day. He's for sure an almost three year old right now, expressing his little will to do things HIS own way. It drives me crazy sometimes! but not for too long..I mean have you seen how adorable he is? I swear he gets cuter every single day. And he is so funny, he says the silliest things and talks so well now! I cannot help but smile when I think about that little boy of ours.
That's all for now! Feel free to do your own 'currently' and if you do please leave a link to it in the comments below so I can enjoy it too ♥

No comments:
Post a Comment