I'm baaaaack :)A wonderful thing recently happened that changed everything.
Tony got hired. My husband is starting his career.
Living like normal adults will soon be a possibility.
This is our dream, the long awaited goal.
If Tony and I had waited until after college to marry than we would have started off here.. But after dating for 5 years and knowing I wanted to marry this man from the time I was 15...the whole waiting another 5-7 years was NOT going to happen. And looking back, I am so glad we didn't wait to get married! I know it would have been easier in many ways starting off newlyweds with a career, a home, things we want, cars that arent ghetto lol..but the waiting to start our lives together would have been insufferable, none of that other stuff would have been worth the waiting to be husband and wife. We didn't want a second rate version of our life together by sacrificing our convictions and morals and choosing to pretend we are married by living together. It's all been worth it.
So through the stress of living off a gas attendants wage, through the stress of full time college and a masters program, to hours cut and insurance gone, while raising a child together in the midst of all the stress mentioned...We have FINALLY made it to the other side. And only by the grace of God.
Last week Tony had an interview for a high school math teacher position at one of the biggest high schools in our area. The interview went wonderfully but we didn't get too excited because of course the hiring pool would be big. That day I prayed so much, I was driving to go coach cheer tryouts and I shared my heart with God...I told Him that I understand that we do not receive blessings from Him because we deserve them..we deserve nothing, everything from God is given out of His GRACE and MERCY. But Lord, what a GIFT it would be for Tony to be blessed with this teaching position after how hard he has worked, day in and day out for years now. To receive a job even before he is finished with this masters program..my goodness, what a gift that would be.
An hour later I got the call from Tony that he got the job, a very excited call that was. The sheer amount of elation from Tony and I, to our family..to our friends..it's been AMAZING. I had an errand to run that afternoon and I sobbed the whole time I drove...tears of JOY and also tears of RELIEF. I then started laughing at how wonderful it all was..and I can only imagine how insane I looked to the people in the cars around me! A complete mad woman!
We've been afraid that in this market, a teaching job would not be found for a long time..many told us that would probably be the case. But here we are, with Tony finishing his masters in teaching (and a bachelor in Physics) in about a month and by the Grace of God he is all set up with a job to start in a couple months. Although my faith did waiver at times, I always felt that God is bigger than any job market statistic..sometimes my faith enveloped me and other times it was a little mustard seed..and when I doubted, I prayed...
We've been so blessed to have the help of my parents over the last two years, they have allowed us to live in the upstairs of their house while Tony finishes school. Considering our income, living anywhere else would not have been possible, we tried that and it didn't work..landing us here. My parents are the two best people I know, selfless to the core..it's been a joy live here and share this time with them..especially for Desmond, he loves them so much. Though it has been humbling, I can honestly say these are times we will look back on and smile.
Through everything we've endured...the blessings, the ups and downs..we've learned so much about ourselves, our relationship, we've grown with God in complete reliance on Him and still at times it's like pulling teeth to get us there..but then we remember we can't do this on our own...He has shaped us, our marriage..it's taught us to be careful with our money, to be diligent and thankful for the little we have...and those values could not have been learned any other way. This journey was worth it, like all wonderful and beautiful gifts from God - they require sacrifice and the Lord's presence in our lives.
As we venture into this soon to be new chapter..a new adventure completely unknown to us. My mind, my heart..it's buzzing with many great plans that have been put on hold..
A home..another child that our hearts long for..
All in due time ♥
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile." Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:
This makes my heart happy. I agree that when you know you are with the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, where you are in life doesn't really matter. But congrats to both of you! It is exciting to see how things are falling together for you. Congrats again :)
So beautifully written and felt, Becky. We are so thankful to God for all the blessings you are both receiving after your time of struggle. God has great plans for you both. You are in His will and He is directing your paths daily. We love you! Mom
Becky, just think of all you have learned walking this path together! You have been refined in your marriage in so many ways, and been able to support one another.
This on the heels of you being obedient and leaving a job you had and trusting God had another in store (and he sure did!!)
I am excited to see what is next for you both!!!
Post a Comment